Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Anniversary Weekend

   Yes, I know it's been a ver-r-r-y long time since I've posted anything on my blog, but it's been a ver-r-r-y busy summer so far!  So my next few posts will be all about our summer activities.

   Mickey and I recently celebrated our 38th wedding anniversary with a trip to Granbury, TX.  This was our second trip to Granbury, a quaint little town located on Lake Granbury, just south of Ft. Worth.

   Since we both love staying in bed & breakfasts, we reserved a room at the Pomegranate Inn & Cottages, a few blocks off the town square.  It's always a little scary to reserve something sight unseen, but this B& B didn't disappoint.  It was so cute and not so overdone with "fluff" that Mickey would feel uncomfortable. Here's a few pictures of the inn and courtyard....


I loved this old live oak tree that provided a canopy over the whole courtyard...



 

  This was the interior of our little cottage...


   After we had dinner at Babe's restaurant, we attended a musical at the Granbury Opera House.  "Smoke on the Mountain" was playing and it was so entertaining!  It's an off-Broadway production about the musical Sanders family playing gospel music and giving their "testimonies" in the Mt. Pleasant Baptist church in Mt. Pleasant, NC.  The audience participated as the "congregation" and the whole thing was  hilarious.  This show alone was worth the trip to Granbury!  What talented young performers!
 



   On Saturday, after a big breakfast at the Pomegranate Inn, we walked around the town sqare area.  Mickey enjoyed several bookstores and antique gun displays while I found a quilt shop and a couple of  interesting boutiques. 

   This little quilt was up near the ceiling in the quilt shop, but caught my eye.  I would love to be able to make something like this.  I can't even imagine the hours it took.  It was so high up it was hard to get a picture of it, but if you look closely, you can see that it has little miniature dresses on it, each one very detailed....

   Wouldn't if make a great gift for a little baby girl?

   Granbury also has a gorgeous old courthouse in the middle of the square.  I loved the clock tower.  The whole building is under renovation at the present,  but it makes a perfect centerpiece for the downtown area.
 

It was a great, relaxing weekend even in the Texas heat!


5 comments:

  1. I like the clock tower picture ver-r-r-y much! I am wondering if it still keeps time. Imagine all those tick tocks while you and Mickey were raising a family.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh how fun! This looks like my kind of place. I am so glad to see a post from you. I miss your posts! Love that little quilt. Looks like paperdoll dresses!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Granbury. And the Houston St. Merchantile is my favorite shop on the square. I love that they carry Moda fabrics. They sell their fabrics online, too! Looks like you guys had a great trip!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like you had so much fun! Happy Anniversary to the young couple! :) Lovin' that stone courtyard. Would have liked to see a picture of the happy couple...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails