Friday, August 5, 2011

Summer Sewing

Since it's so hot outside, I've spent a few hours in my cool sewing room this summer.  I made this cute little monkey blanket using a kit from JoAnn's.  I used a half-off coupon to get it at a good price and it was so easy to put together.  It made a great shower gift for a recent baby shower I attended.

   Next, I took some of the leftover flannel and made a matching burp cloth.  I purchased a little onesie and embroidered it with a monkey and the baby's name. 


   In addition, I made these little toddler bibs. Each one just takes an 18" square of fabric and a washcloth.  I think they will be great for baby Jonah when he's a little older.


   Then I made a pair of ruffled bloomers for little Emma's six month photo shoot.  These are my very unprofessional photos of her wearing them.  I plan on making a matching onesie for her to wear with them.
  I love the matching big bow her mama made!

   I'm also working on a two-piece outfit for Lilly.  Hopefully, I'll finish it up next week.  But, if this heat wave continues much longer I may just have to make another trip to the fabric store!

1 comment:

  1. Oh I love it all! I would love to know how to make those bibs and if we have a girl I would love to make those ruffled bloomers!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails