Saturday, December 19, 2009

Oh My,Have You Tried Oreo Truffles?


Here's a great recipe to share with family and friends this holiday season.

Ingredients:
a bag of double stuffed Oreos
a block of almond bark
a block of cream cheese

Step 1:
Place the bag of oreos in a food processer and and completely crush.  I had a small processor and had to crush mine a little at a time and then place them in a bowl.

Step 2:
Place the crushed oreos in your mixer and add a softened block of cream cheese.  Mix on medium speed until completely blended.

Step 3:  Place the combined mixture in the refrigerator or freezer until it is well chilled.    Take it out and form small balls about one inch in diameter.  Place these on a waxed surface.
          


Step 4:  Now chill the balls until firm.  Next melt the almond bark in the microwave for 90 seconds.  Take it out and stir it until smooth.  If necessary, continue to microwave and then stir in 15 second intervals until it is nice and smooth.  Dip each ball, using a toothpick to pick it up, in the almond bark.  I used another toothpick to then help me remove it and drop it onto the waxed paper.                                                                       


Step 5:  They are now ready to eat!  I decided to dress mine up for the holidays by adding a little color.  I melted some red and green Wilton chips in the microwave.  I then cut a tiny hole in the corner of two plastic baggies and filled each bag with the green and red colored coating.  I drizzled a little across the tops of each hardened truffle and placed them in little paper cups for gift giving. Note: Some recipes say to refrigerate them until serving.  I found that if the balls are small enough and well coated, that refrigeration isn't necessary.
                                                                  








Aren't they pretty?  Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Wow! These look terrific. I will definitely give these a try. Calories, calories ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I first had these at the baby shower for one of my grandsons. And they are Tim's favorite! They ARE really good.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails