Tuesday, June 1, 2010

A Little of This and a Little of That

Yesterday, we returned from spending four days at the lake.  Mickey did a lot of fishing while I worked on the trailer, read, watched movies and went shopping.  Here are a few pictures from our trip:


I painted the little kitchen area "cabin red"  and put up faux tin tiles.  Now, with the curtains completed and the chairs reupholstered....                                                                                                



I'm ready to move on to the teeny, tiny little bedroom you can see in the background.  Not sure what I'll do     with it, though.                                                                                                                                            

Friday night, we cooked hamburgers on the grill, then went out in the boat for a few hours.  It was really a lot of  fun after dark, with all the stars out.                                                                                                         

Mickey had some friends over to fish with him on Saturday, so I decided to drive in to Mineola and take a look at the downtown area.  I had heard there were some cute little shops there, and I wasn't disappointed. 
I spent several hours just looking around and I plan to go back when my daughters are with me.  Here's a sneak peek at one of the cute little antique shops.....                                                                                    


                          



On Sunday, after church services, we tore all the lattice work off the deck and raked up six bags of leaves.




On our next trip we plan on putting up new cedar lattice work.  Every evening I sat out in this chair with my diet Dr. Pepper and this little guy joined me.........                                                                                      



Mickey caught a lot of nice fish.....                                                                                                            


So, all in all, we had a great Memorial weekend and today celebrated our thirty-seventh wedding anniversary.




Happy anniversary, sweet husband!  I hope there are many more to come!

Just a side note:  I don't like blogger!  It has eaten one of my pictures and my text is all over the place even though I aligned it with the left margin!                                                                                                      

4 comments:

  1. Well, now I feel bad about my "no trailers or bass on your anniversary" comment on fb. :) But those antique shops look mighty inviting! Happy 37 again. We'll be at 34 this August. How come we aren't aging any? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Anniversary! I loved seeing all of your pictures. Looks like you had a ball.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are so fun!!! I know Mickey is just thrilled that you are sharing in all the adventures in the trailer. Such a wonderful lesson for those of us that are only at the 8 year marriage mark. Find a way to enjoy what your spouse enjoys! I know you'll have many more fun memories to make.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations! We're coming up on 35 in August. It's good to know that there are a few long-timers out there. :) I think I'd be tempted to make a permanent residence in that trailer at the lake. Very low taxes and plenty of bass dinners.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails