Monday, March 1, 2010

A Granny Quilt!

  Don't you just love coming home to find a package by your front door?  One day last week, I found this one waiting for me on the front porch.

   I was so excited because I knew my "granny quilt" had arrived!  If you don't know who Granny is, you can read all about her on her granddaughter Valerie's blog.  Granny is a precious 96 year old  lady who makes at least one quilt a week.  Can you believe that?   What a blessing to be so active at that age!
  I tore my package open and spread it out on the sofa to get a good look...

  Isn't it beautiful?  Granny's quilts are all machine stitched and machine quilted. She says they give her a reason for getting up in the morning.  I wonder if she knows how much people enjoy her quilts and if, while she's sewing, she thinks about where they might be going and how they might be used.


 I'm going to send her a copy of this picture because I think Granny would be very happy to see this little boy all snuggled up under her quilt!
  Thanks, Granny and Valerie! 

2 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness! What a treasure. It is a beautiful quilt and what a cute snuggle bug under it reading. I love it!
    ♥ Joy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh thank you so much for letting me know you posted this. Aren't Granny's quilts something special? I LOVE the picture! I can't wait to get it so I can show it to her. Thank you again for blessing Granny. I hope you enjoy her quilt for a very very long time!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails